Sunday, August 9, 2009

Astigmatism

It's been quite an interesting few weeks.

Tomorrow most likely I have to stay back at work till very late (yes, I'm also surprised) to finish my work. But it's ok, strangely enough I'm looking forward to it.

Y'day morning my friend got married. They looked so beautiful and lovely.
Then at night, I went to a friend's farewell dinner. There I heard a new word, 'astigmatism'. Curious, today at church I went and asked her what it is. I don't think I can explain it well here, but it's a condition whereby a person loses the ability to see fine details. To fix the condition, or rather to help the person see better, the person needs to wear contact lenses or undergo a refractive surgery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astigmatism) .

Come to think of it, I also suffered from astigmatism. Many times I could not see clearly what is going on around me. To make matter worse, spiritually, I can be so blurred that without even noticing it I am walking so far off from God's direction. The only way I can see better is to use the Holy Spirit's eyes, that is seeing things from God's eyes.

But to do that, I need to continually put on the contact lenses, while God gently and slowly do the refractive surgery on my spiritual eyes. I know it's not easy, but I want to do it. I've been seeing things so blurry, and I'm not happy with my condition at all. When I put on my HS glasses I realised I can see better, so I will continually put on my HS glasses and let God operate on my eyes. I look forward to the day where God finished with the refractive surgery on my eyes, it will be awesome. That day is gonna be so awesome.

No comments: