Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wonderful weekend

Man... I tell you, I just had one of the most awesome w/e in my life.

Yday - Friday - wa/s my day off, it was GC show-day, same as the show-day (for Ekka) in Bne. So how I spent my day-off?

Woke up at 7.30pm, dropped my car to Honda for service in W'gabba, walked/jogged back home (took me 1.5hr), quick rest at home, then caught up with a friend whom I haven't seen for ages over lunch at himawari.

After that I had ice chocolate in Mt Cootha then altered my trousers in city, picked up my car from Honda, then quick rest at home before heading off to have dinner with my LG people in Sunnybank, which was then followed by bowling in Greenslopes. And after bowling, we headed back to Ruth's place for the board game (Man Laws, Women Rules) and dessert. Thanks Ruth for the mochi.

Today, I went for bushwalking. It's part of the Band of Brothers (and Simply Women) church seminar. I personally enjoyed it so much, though I know some people would rather be doing something else.But anyway, 1 thing that I learned is that teamwork requires each members to bring their individuality into the team to work together so we can achieve the goal, because without them, we won't be able to achieve it, that is also called synergy, when 1 + 1 = 3. I also learned that I really need to grow in the area of attention to details. I missed one landmark which I was supposed to take picture of. Besides that, I also learned that no matter what, we must always stick together. Leave no man behind. If you wanna reach a destination quick, go yourself. But you can't do that when you are in a team, cause it's not about you, it's about everyone, hence we need to shoulder each others' burden. From leadership perspective, team leader must know where we are going, clear direction must be given so people would know and hence able to participate and contribute their different skills and ability to the team. As followers, I need to support my leader no matter what, unless he's absolutely off-tangent, ehehhe....

No comments: