Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just reminiscing

Was talking to my housemate last night about life-group and outreach activities when I suddenly remember how many people have left my life-group.

Started by Ruth Boey who left for Singapore, one by one people were just leaving the life group. When Lead Tao -my unit leader- left 3 weeks later (after Ruth), it took me quite some time to realised that I was actually on my own (though my shepherd became the acting unit leader for our group). And then 4 months later Jasmine Lee went back to Singapore. Last month, Sophie left us for China. Man... as if it's not enough, another guy in my group is finalising his move to Hong Kong end of this yr.

I was like, 'LORD, what's going on?'
ah... this group is truly the best life-group I've been so far, and yet I can say that this group is the only group where goodbye is no strange word to us. People come and go, and all of them went away (back to their countries or some other places) in a sudden. All I can do is to try to cherish my time with them as much as I can, to maximise every single moment to edify and build one another up.

It takes a life-time to know someone, but I don't even have a life-time to know my group member, only few weeks or few months (let alone few years). Oh God, help me Lord to cherish my time with them and help me to be a blessing to them as well.

To you all, Ruth Boey, Lead Tao, Jasmine Lee and Sophia Liang, continue to grow in and shine for Him. Be a blessing to people and to Him wherever you are. I hope you can all come back here again, ahahhaa...

No comments: