Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Settling for the best

Was listening to Ps Jurgen Matthesius when he preached a sermon titled 'becoming you' at PlanetShakers conference last yr in Sydney.

He actually didn't preached about settling for the best, but I felt God is saying that so many christians right now living in mediocrity, being complacent. They have achieved a lot to this day, and many of those were good things, and they have a lot of good things as well. But all these good things that they have hinder them from moving on to better things, or rather to the best things God has in store for them.

There's a lot of reason for that, some of them are afraid of the uncertainty the future has, some of them feel that they can't do it or they don't have the resources to do it, some of them are too busy and others are just plain lazy.

So many times I fall into those categories. But it's interesting to see, looking back, that when I settled only for the good and not the best, I felt that I could've done better or got better than what I had/achieved. There's a bit of regret or even guilt.

Now I'm trying to discern so I will only settle for the best, and not just the good or the better part of things in life. Yes it's not easy to discern, but as I continue to seek Him for guidance and learn to put my trust in Him, I'll get better at it, i.e. discerning to His guidance. And when I walk with His guidance, I know that I'm settling for the best.

No comments: