Sunday, March 29, 2009

Free Upgrade

I don't know if it's just me or everyone gets it, Singapore Airlines emailed me yesterday saying that I will get a free upgrade on whichever flight I take with them between 1 April to 30 June. I was like, "WOW.... awesome."

But then again, I don't have any plan to go anywhere. hmm....
Come to think of it, I thought of my own life. I actually received the best free upgrade I could ever get in my life, and it is the 'salvation'.

Before I committed my life to Jesus, I was heading towards the eternal fire. In general, upgrade means the replacement of a product with a better quality product. With regards to eternal fire, anything but eternal fire is considered excellent, ahahha..... So it's not just an upgrade, it's something I can't gain myself.

But I want to you look at it from the perspective buying an economy seat, and instead of sitting at the economy seat (that tight small seat with almost no room for your arms and to stretch your leg and the very limited angle for you to recline your seat), you'll be seating at the business class (that much bigger seat where you can rest your arms without having to fight for space with the person next to you or in front of you to stretch your legs plus that special attention from the air-steward/ess who calls you by name with title Mr, Ms or Mrs). Then transfer it into the salvation, instead of going to hell (that eternal life fire), you go to heaven (that eternal life with God). And all I have to do is just to repent from my sins and accept Jesus to be my Lord and Savior. Cost: FREE.

And more than that, more than just going to heaven the moment I die, while I'm still alive, God promises that He will never leave me nor forsake me, that He has a plan for me, that He will carry me through the hurdles and pains in life, that His joy will be my strength and that He will help me, encourage and comfort me. So it's like a double free upgrade, if I can put it that way.

Man... what a bargain.

No comments: