Monday, March 16, 2009

Leaders are replaceable

It took me quite a while to fully understand it.

Most leaders know that they have a very important role in the church (or even in the secular world), so they can't just do whatever they want or say whatever they think suitable for them to say. Pride can be one aspect, but there are many other aspects that can make leaders think that they're so important and the people need them so much.

Yes it's true that they hold a very important role, the higher the position the more important they become, but at the same time, they are also replaceable. The examples are just everywhere in the bible, both in OT and NT. When I was thinking about it, man.... forget about being removed from any leadership position, I'm fine with it, the scary part is when I go to heaven and God found me to be not a good and faithful servant. ah.... LORD, help me to walk in your way and obey you always.

One verse that came to my mind is from Romans 12:3. Basically Paul encouraged the believers in Rome to live their life as a living sacrifice, and in verse 3 of chapter 12 he wrote:

"3For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you."

No comments: