Monday, March 23, 2009

My hiding place

I like this song, found it accidently while searching for a song the worship team's gonna sing this Sunday at church, cause I don't have the CD at home.

Till this day, I'm still nervous whenever I lead pnw in LG (let alone singing in church). It's not the leading pnw or chairing that makes me nervous, it's the standing in front of people that brakes me apart. It's such a nerve-breaking thing that I had to seek God for courage and strength, over and over again. The nervousness often (if not always) developed (if I can put it this way) into fear, so overwhelming that it could almost paralyse me.

Anyway, I'm getting better at overcoming my fear. I'm still nervous whenever I have to stand in front of people (though not as bad as before), but 1 thing I learned from the past is that all I have to do is to give my best, and God who is faithful, will do the rest.

This song reminds of the times when I was so nervous (full of fear) and had to go away from the crowds (trying to find a secluded place to pray), to seek God for comfort, strength and courage.

No comments: