Monday, January 19, 2009

Me, the control freak

It's amazing how my strength can also be one of my worst weaknesses, and I had just discovered it. Yep, after living my life so long till this very moment, ahahha...

While catching-up with a very good and close friend of mine, we stumbled upon the topic of being in control. To my surprise, he said that I'm one of those freaks. I was like "HAH." But after he mentioned few scenarios where I had the final say and made suggestions when it's not even required, I realised that I can be one of those people who always want to be in control.

He said that it's good to be in control (it's a skill/ability all leaders must develop when leading people. A leader's job is to cast vision/goals, and direct/lead people to achieve those vision/goals according to plan), but it can be very frustrating when all he wants from me is just to listen to him (without even giving him directions, or giving suggestions/ideas or even solutions to solve a problem).

So it's frustrating for him to come to me sharing his heart and have to listen to my ideas/solutions to solve problem, or on how to be a better, when all he needed was just an ear to listen to his story, so he could let things out of his heart. Man.... I was shocked. Am I really that bad?

ah... I guess this is one area I need to work on this year. Dunno about you, but to me it's really interesting to find that there's many things I don't even know about myself, so I have to discover myself. aahhahaa.... I like that, discover me. I should get to know myself more, ahahhaha.......

Here's one of my fav song from P.O.D

No comments: