Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tonight

OK, let me share what happened tonight, or rather, what I've learned tonight.

1. I went to the church PM tonight and had a wonderful time with God. I so needed that word of encouragement from God. Also a friend of mine who hardly come, made it to PM tonight. It bless my heart to see him there.

2. But what's more interesting is that I took a firm stance tonight when I confronted a friend regarding certain issue in his life. I didn't plan to do it but as he shared with me his ideas and stuff, I felt I had to just tell him that he needs to change his perspective and open his mind and heart. So I explain to him what he needs to change, why and how he can do it. Man... that was tough.

3. Driving back home, I listened to 96.5 focus on family (I think?). The announcer/broadcaster was interviewing this lady who suffered from depression. She said depression is not always about living life in negativity, because of the bad things happened in the past, but it can be about anything in this life that we can think of. I was like "Ooooooo... really?" ahahaha...

4. OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). Guess what? Anyone can develop and suffer from this. this can also relates to depression. It can start from a habit. For e.g., before I go to bed, I would normally check if all doors at home are lock (especially the front door). Now, if I check the front door 2 or 3 times once in while to make sure that it's been locked, it's normal. But if I keep on checking the door 2 or 3 times every single night, and the occurence increasing gradually (checking the door 5 ot 6 times before I go to bed after 2 wks, then 8 times after 2 months), then I have a problem.

Now, here's what I think. I personally think that sin in particular bondage (a specific sin that we do regularly and hard to stop) is similar to OCD. It's because this particular sin has been developed over a long period of time, and it became a normal habit. Someone once said that to change a habit, one needs to double time to recover from that habit. E.g., if one has cultivate a habit of stealing over 5 years, to completely change the person not to steal will take 10yrs (taking into account education and regular review). I don't know if it's true, but I could see his point, because it's not easy to change someone's perspective. But I believe we can shorten the time with the help of God, because hey... nothing is impossible to Him.

So there you go, those are the lessons I learn tonight. You have a good rest, enjoy your day tomorrow. :)

No comments: