Sunday, January 11, 2009

What a wonderful night

For the first time in this year, considering I just lost my job last wk, I felt so happy right now. Actually it's more than just happy, I don't know how to describe it, hahaha....

I tell you what happened today.
This afternoon I went to church at 12pm thinking the worship team rehearsal would start at 12.pm. I was 15mins late and waited at the church till 12.30pm. Then I was thinking, hmm... maybe I heard it wrong, maybe we're supposed to rehearse at 1pm. True enough I found some of the worship team people were at UDMM (meeting for leaders by group).

So at 1pm, we all gathered at church and had rehearsal. During rehearsal, it was pretty tough, cause not only it was warm (as in the weather inside the building, cause no aircon), but I completely forgotten the song I was supposed to lead, it's salvation is here. Torchie was there and I could see his disappointed face, and everyone's frustrated face as well. I don't know what happened, but during practice few days ago I remembered every thing.

Anyway, come to pre-service prayer meeting, dunno what happened, somehow I really miss the presence of God. I know it may sound stupid or doesn't make sense, but that's how I felt. I was overwhelmed by it that when I prayed and told God how much I miss Him, I just started crying. I cried so much that I almost forgot that I was on my knees at the front (on the stage so-to-speak). If people saw me weeping like that with so much tears flowing out of my eyes, man... that'll be one unpleasant sight. They might get worried, ahaha... So I quickly went to toilet and wiped-away the tears.

Then the amazing part took place.
All of a sudden, during praise and worship time, I remembered the lyrics, ahahaha.... I was so happy. ahahhaa.... I can't believe it. How could I forget everything (during rehearsal), and I just remembered everything again (during the actual praise and worship session). Praise God.

After church I went out for dinner with my new group. It was my first time having dinner with them, ah... I like them already, they're so funny, a bunch of interesting people. At that time, I was also thinking of my previous group (LG), I wish I could have dinner with them also. I miss them so much. I haven't really spoken with any of them properly since I came back from my melb trip. Oh well, I can always catch up with them one of these days.

So yeah, I'm really happy tonight.
Tomorrow is a whole new day. It might not be a good day for me, but 1 thing that I know is that my emotion should not dictate my life. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I hope that God will help me to stand strong, that even in the midst of trouble, I can still give praise to God. The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away. So let your will be done in my life O God.

Okie dokie, sleep tight.
Good night Father, good nite to you too. :)

Here's a song I was listening, similar to what I feel.

1 comment:

potatohead said...

such an awesome attitude bro! lotz of pp miss ya during Monday lunch...so I better fast and pray you find a job He wants you to have very QUICKLY! : P