Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Work training

This morning I went to attend a training for all the PM (project managers) in my company. I actually didn't have to go, but since my main job is to keep their performance on track by reviewing their performance on a monthly basis, I need to sit there to understand more about their roles/responsibilities and also to show face.

It's absolutely boring. You know me.
But anyway, guess what I found? ahahhaa...

We sat them down and tell them how to lead people.

I was amazed when I looked at the material. I wasn't shocked to see how good the material was, but shocked to realise that there's a better material to use to train people to be a better leader, yes you got that right, the bible. More than that, the training that I received in the church through the many activities (that sometimes I felt like it was a waste of time) I participated (and still participating) in, gave me more insights and/or first hand experience in gaining the skills and capacity in being a leader, and it's not just being normal leader according to the world's standard, but a much better leader.

Amazing, isn't it. That in and at church, everyone can be trained and equipped to who God has designed us to be. That everyone can be trained and equipped to be a great leader (for we have been called to be the head and not the tail).

But here's the catch, in the Kingdom of God the only way up is down. So if you want to be a great leader, you must be a great servant. Hence, if you're not serving in LG or church right now, please go and ask your leader how you can contribute and what you can do. And I better tell you now, it's gonna be challenging, but it's worth it. ehehhe....

No comments: