Monday, November 17, 2008

Taking sickie?

Y'day night I got such massive headache, runny nose, kept on sneezing and feeling so weak. In church, couple of friends prayed for healing. And at home, another friend prayed for me as well. When I hit the bed (after taking 2 tablets of paracetamol) I prayed again.

In the morning I got woken up by a msg ring tone on my mobilephone. Feeling so terrible, I reached out to my mobilephone. As I reached my mobilephone and opened my eyes, I felt so weak, my head was so heavy, my eyes were fuzzy and I kept on sneezing.

I looked at the time (it was 6.30am) and looked at the sender. It was from my boss. Puzzled, I read the msg. He said, "Antonius, I'm very sick right now hence won't be able to come to work. bla bla bla bla...."

I was like "HAH???"

Feeling terrible (because of my headache and weak body), I prayed to God and asked Him to heal me as I need to go to work (because my boss can't go to work). This time, I prayed fervently (unlike last night). ahahhaha.....

I got to office still feeling miserable. But I noticed when I left the office this arvo, although I still had a bit of the headache and not feeling 100%, my weak condition didn't affect my work at all. In fact today I was pretty productive. I thank God that I managed to go through the day without problems at all.

Lesson to learn?
1. Don't be lazy. Don't use sickness as an excuse not to go to work, though it's a very valid reason.
2. When you pray, believe. When you pray in faith, you will receive.

No comments: