Sunday, October 12, 2008

Procrastination - Saved by HS

I should say that my weekend has been very interesting.

I thank God for His grace, mercy and support especially when I really need them. He's always there whenever I needed Him the most, and the sad thing is that many times I felt that I took Him for granted. Forgive me Father, please help me to manage my time better.

Here's the story.
2 weeks ago Vanessa told me that she'd be busy last wk and asked me to cover her in leading pnw in LG. I said yes. But I put that agreement aside and went on with my life without choosing any song at all till Friday morning (2 days ago). Neil my guitarist was panicking on Friday morning. He actually requested me to tell him the song by Tues night. I told him the song is coming.

Now here's the thing. Since Tuesday night I wanted to choose the songs for friday, but everytime I wanted to choose songs, I ended up merely listening without making decision, the worst part is, I didn't even pray for it (normally I do). Thank God on Friday morning I managed to find 2 songs and msg him the song on Fri afternoon.

When I got to Charlie's place for practice, I was a bit nervous and feeling so guilty for choosing the song so late. Thank God Neil has so much gracious. Come to the actual pnw, I just rest my case to God, knowing that if the pnw session go bad, it would be definitely my fault. But I asked Him to intervene.

He did intervene and the pnw was awesome. After the pnw session finished, I quickly thank God and Neil for being so cooperative and gracious. Man, I love you bro.

Now you'd think that I've learnt my lesson, right?
Well, I did learn my lesson that night, I forgotten altogether about it the following day.

2 weeks ago I had been assigned to lead discussion (not teaching) in our sub-d UDMM (meeting for all leaders in the group). Guess what, I realised I haven't done anything y'da night (sat night). So after dinner I decided to do it, prepare the discussion. Lo and behold, I realised I've left the discussion material at my workplace. So I thought for a moment that I would pick it up after I have dessert with my friends.

Ah... I'm getting tired, but let me continue.
After dessert at this tofu-fa (?) place in calamvale, I went to my friend's place to play poker. After poker I went back home straight away and sleep. I completely forgotten about going to office to get the discussion material. When I reached home, it was 2.30am. After a quick shower, I went to bed, set the alarm at 8.30am. I closed my eyes around just after 3am.

In the morning, panicking I won't have enough time to prepare, I quickly went to my office. The UDMM meeting was at 11am. When I reached my office, it was 10.15am. I went to my desk and prepared the discussion. 30mins later I finished the material. Went to meeting place at Eddy's place and led the discussion. Before I led the discussion I asked Him for help.

Again, He helped me out. After discussion finished we had an evaluation and everyone gave a such a good feedback and was encouraged by how I led the discussion. Oh man... it was such a relief. During the discussion I kept on asking God on how to lead the discussion. When to say the word, how to say it and what to say. I was so desperate for help.

Looking back, if it's not for His grace, mercy and love and help, I would've messed up my pnw and discussion leading. By saying all these, I'm actually telling you how ignorant and irresponsible I was in being a leader in His house. My main issue in here is my laziness, how I delayed doing 2 important things till the last minute.

Moral of the story is, do not procrastinate. Learn to be a good time manager. Time management is a skill and ability that must be developed by everyone. I thank God that nothing bad happened on Fri night pnw session and this morning discussion. I pray that I won't repeat the same mistake again. Last but not least, as I have mentioned, God is faithful and He's always there for us. It's comforting to know that He will never leave us nor forsake us. But we should not take it for granted. Thank you Lord for helping me out all these time, and thank you for your faithfulness. Help me to be faithful to you as well O God, in Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments: