Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ministry of mediocrity

I was driving back home from Charlie's place when I heard the term, ministry of mediocrity on the radio (the usual 96.5fm focus on family).

For far too long I actually have been living a kind of double life. Yep, I confess my sin. I like to encourage people to grow in God, and as a leader in church, I know better than some people (if I can put it this way) how to grow deeper in God.

Now here's the thing, I am growing, there's no doubt about it. However, looking at the rate of my growth, I should've grown deeper than where I am currently. So what's holding me back from growing even deeper than now?

It's the level of comfort that I am living right now.
According to MS Word dictionary, mediocrity equals averageness. Put it simply, it means a quality that is adequate or acceptable, but not very good. In a flesh, it means somebody who lacks any special skill or flair.

There's a big chunk of laziness in mediocrity. Not so much of not wanting to do stuff, but it's the lack of desire to improve or be challenged for improvement. I was so shocked upon discovering (while driving I audited my daily schedule) that I haven't been fully utilising my time at all, to grow myself in God and help others to grow. There's so much I can do if I maximise my time.

ah... such a great time of thinking and pondering upon my life in the past few weeks. It's amazing how God can use different avenues to speak to me. So that's it. I have decided to leave the ministry of mediocrity. It's not doing me any good at all, so why should I continue to do so. Lord help me to discipline myself.

If you happen to be in the ministry of mediocrity, please leave now. Good night

No comments: