Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Godliness v cleanliness

Here's a question:

Is there any correlation between godliness and cleanliness?

People who live a healthy life would normally be clean and somewhat tidy/neat. That's the physcial health I was talking about. Now, those who is spiritually healthy, would tend to be physcially healthy as well. I am basing this on 1 cor 3;16-17 (just from the top of my head). I'm sure there must be other verses in the bible that encourage christians to live a healthy life (and clean as well).

Now, wouldn't it be weird if spiritually matured christians are dirty and smelly? Because, this question will lead me to another question - and that is, if a christian is matured in the inside (spiritually), wouldn't it be reflected in the outside as well? like the way s/he lives his/her life (as in the way s/he dresses, walks, talks even his/her house? Think about it.

No comments: