Sunday, September 20, 2009

Don't wanna be famous

Today I lip sync-ed singing Whitney Houston's I will always love you and Michael Jackson's Black or White at church. The purpose of doing so was to promote the church (afternoon service only) annual dinner which will be held next month.

I found out from many people that I did a good job, it was entertaining to many. But to me it was actually pretty embarrassing.

But regardless whether it is embarrassing or not, I actually have been trying to stay low, or to be low-profile. I don't want to be famous. This is one of the reason why I step-down from WAM vocals (the vocal ministry in church), and take on a more humbling role as program and floor manager where people won't even notice that such role exist (it's behind the scene work).

But don't get me wrong, OK. The main reason I step-down from WAM is because I know that it's not my ministry. I've thought about it, prayed about it and consulted with my shepherd and few leaders about it (even my pastor) before I made the decision.

Anyway, yeah... I'm trying to humble myself all the time, and I'm saying this because I have issue with pride. Besides, I really don't want to be famous, I don't want people to know me. All I want is just for God to use me to glorify Him, and I don't even have to be mentioned.

It would be nice and great to hear someone say this in the future, "I remember about the time when this person -I forgot who it was- spoke to me about God. His story touched my heart and I accepted Jesus into my life. Now my life is so different, I have a better life, all I want is just to glorify God and make Him known."

That's what I want. Don't want anyone to remember me, but I want people to remember God.

No comments: