Sunday, June 6, 2010

Caring for others

Last Tuesday morning, 1st June 2010 at 5am, an old friend of mine passed away, she's my friend from primary school.

I didn't know what really happened until I received an email from my friend on Thursday explaining the death of my friend. A nurse found her dead hanging from the ceiling in her hospital room. It was her second attempt, and she made it.

The news hit me pretty hard as I never expected any one that I know (whether close or far away friends) to take their own life. As painful and hard it can be to survive, let alone live this life to the fullest, there is always hope, there is always a way out.

The news opened up my eyes to another perspective about caring and loving others. It's not enough for us to just tell people how much God love them, and that God has a plan and purpose for them and that we'll help them grow in God. NO, it's more than that. I really need to spend time not only to teach them about God and His Word, but also putting the effort n time to help them with their life, to be with them in good times and bad times. It is not easy and requires a lot sacrifice, but it means nothing compare to losing them to some tragic death.

No one should ever suffer alone by themselves. We were created to love God and one another. No one should lose hope, no one should take their own life because they could not find a way out.

No comments: