Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Movie Talk - Madagascar 2

I love watching movie, all sorts of movies (but not so much on the horror ones).

Anyway, I watched Madagascar 2 last w/e with the guys in my group. I'm not gonna talk about the movie, rather I'll talk about what I've learned from that funny movie. It's so funny I can still giggle and laugh every time I remember few scenes from the movie that's just... ah... I don't know, you just have to watch it.

Alright, besides the funny scenes, there are few things I learned from that movie.
1. Fatherhood
2. Friendship
3. Love (friendship, opposite sex and family wise)

Of the 3 points above, I'll just touch briefly on the friendship side. There's this scene where Alex (the lion) hurt Martin (the zebra) when he said that he couldn't recognise Martin when he was surrounded by other zebras. The scene that touched my heart was when Alex apologised to Martin saying (somewhere along this line) sorry and how much he cherished their friendship all these times and that he wants him back.

A lot of times, be it knowingly and unknowingly (as iron sharpen iron), we would definitely step on each others' toe. But there's more to friendship than just having fun together, it goes beyond the good times, cause it also goes through the thin and thickest times one can have in life. It seeks to develop one another, lift one another up, celebrate each others' achievement, comfort one another during the down time, and gives the bigger piece of chocolate because he loves chocolate so much.

Man... truly I say this, I seek that kind of friendship, both with my christian and non-christian friends. With christian friends it may be easier, but with non-christians it may be a bit challenging. But despite the differences in our beliefs, I still want to build that kind of friendship with them. ah.... I hope I can grow in my relationship with all my friends to a new level.

No comments: