Sunday, February 8, 2009

Reality check

The truth is, in plain english, it's actually harder to live as a christian (let alone as a leader). No one is exempt from test and temptation that can take you away from God.

Sometimes I think that my life is pretty hard, that what I'm going through is quite something, compare to normal christian. But ah.... God is good, He has His way to remind me over and over again.

In my LG (life-group), I like to open the discussion with asking everyone to share their best and worst experience during the week. The main reason is because I want people to be more open, and learn from one another (life experiences). Besides that, I like to listen to people's life stories.

Anyway, one of my group member last friday shared his worst and best of the week. I can't share it here (as it's very personal), but man.... his worst life experience last week made me look so small, like an ant, while he is like an elephant.

I felt so unworthy to be his leader, I felt so... I don't know how to put it any better. There he is, going through some tough time and praising God for whatever he has and pressing on to go through it expecting help from God will come soon (though he has no clue when help comes).

When he shared, I could only ask myself, "What's wrong with me? Why do I always question God?"

I know that we're not supposed to compare our struggles/challenges/blessings with others, but ah... it's like God is asking me to do some reality check on my situation and on my faith. hmmpf, I thought my life is tough, ahaha... man, I'm laughing sarcastically.

If you're going through some tough time, if the mountain before your eyes looks so big, don't worry. I mean it, don't worry. That mountain is not bigger that God, the Jehovah jireh, the Johovah Nisi, the King of kings, the Creator of the universe. He will surely help you to go through it all. Good nite.

No comments: