Friday, February 27, 2009

Men's club

I don't know what to call it, but for now, let's call it the men's club, ahahha....

Early last month when I just lost my job I bumped into this old friend of mine whom I haven't seen for ages at a foodcourt in city. He mentioned that he was starting a meeting or gathering of men (young adult) to talk about men's stuff. I was like, "wow, that's a good idea."

Anyway, he kept inviting me to come to the weekly meeting held every wednesday at the coffee club in milton. Last wednesday, I had the chance to go there. I didn't know what to expect, whom I would meet and what sort of 'talk' we're gonna have.

Btw, he's from another church, and he's a growing christian.
When I got there, I saw him sitting with another guy. Then one by one, other guys were arriving as well. Man... it was one good meeting over a cup of english breakfast tea.

Everyone was absolutely young adult. There were 8 of us and only a couple of us who's still single, the rest are either married or divorced, but we're all at similar age range, ahahha..... between 28 to 35.

It was my first time to attend this kind of gathering, but it's really interesting. Everyone is a christian but at different stage of our christian walk. I'm the only asian there, and the smallest too, ahahha... felt a bit inferior at first.

But anyway, yeah... it was good. It's good not because I got to meet new people and made friends, but it's the atmosphere, and the willingness of each of them to open up and share their thoughts and accepting others' opinion. It's different.

At that time we talked about growing from boyhood to manhood briefly, and moving on to our relationship with our fathers, how we need the father figure and a healthy relationship with them to become a man. It was really good.

Though I had to leave early (to go to a friend's bday dinner), I really enjoyed the short meeting. It's so refreshing. ahahha.... I wanna go back there again.

No comments: