Thursday, November 26, 2009

1 very interesting day

OK, here it is.

This morning I woke up at 4.30am, yes... it's 4.30am, dunno why but I can remember I felt the tugging from HS to get up and pray. Being the lazy me, I ignored Him and went back to sleep and wake up again at 5.30am, then got up at 5.45am, said a quick prayer, ironed my clothes then took shower.

Looked at the clock showing 6.38am and thought to myself, "hmm... I still have time for breakfast." So I had shin-ramyun (korean noodles) for breakfast. But after I washed my dishes, I realised it's already 7.14am. So I rushed down to the garage and off I went. I prayed to God asking Him not to give me a heavy traffic.

Lo and behold, there's almost no traffic at all. I was like "wow...". I drove peacefully n not speeding at all. Then near my office, somebody just cut my lane and I drove next to him and gave him my angry face full of hatred (for cutting my lane), without even looking at the traffic in front of me. Then all of a sudden, bang... My heart almost popped out. I was like, "Oh God... no. I shouldn't have looked at that stupid guy who cut my lane." (yeah, I managed to curse that guy calling him stupid in my heart. This is one area I'm still trying to overcome)

I got out of the car expecting my bumper gone and did a huge damage to the car in front of me. The guy came out of the car looking pretty calm and just wanting to quickly get it done and over with.

Then, I was like "HAH???" yes, HAH. I was speechless. No scratch, no dent, no damage what so ever. The guy calmly said (with a smile) "Wow, there's nothing. OK." I quickly apologised to him and went back to my car. He drove off.

Stunt, I quickly prayed to God repenting for my bad attitude (giving the guy who cut my lane such angry face full of hatred n calling him stupid in my heart). Got to my office 5mins late. Went to bathroom to freshen up with cold water, then realised I didn't shave properly. I was like,"Oh man.." Then I said to myself, "Oh well, who cares I didn't shave properly. It won't affect my day. God has protected me in the accident earlier, so why should I feel bad looking at my face not shaved properly."

I came out of the toilet smiling. Worked through all my reports and managed to finish most of it. ah... such an interesting day.

Btw, how are you?

1 comment:

Room to Think said...

thanks for sharing. i still struggle with that...getting angry easily and calling people stupid in my heart because they cut me off. one guy threw his milkshake at my car. he was a reckless driver weaving in and out of the heavy peak hour traffic and harrassing other drivers too. sigh. should practice praying for these people instead huh?