Sunday, December 7, 2008

Communion

I had one wonderful moment during communion today at church.

During the communion, Kelvin being the co-chairperson for today's service asked everyone to think about the meaning of communion (btw, in case you don't know, communion here means the time when we took the piece of bread and cup of cordial as to remember the death of Jesus on the cross).

As he finished with that question, I asked myself in my mind what communion means. I started to sing the bridge from the song 'You'll Come';

Chains be broken
Lives be healed
Eyes be opened
Christ is revealed

As I searched the meaning of communion, God was telling me the reason why I had communion in the first place, and it was because of what Jesus did on the cross. His sacrifice means freedom to those who have been living their life in prison, whose life been shattered by hurts/pains and circumstances, whose eyes were blinded by what the world has taught them, and eternity that can only be received through Jesus Christ.

It's as if I have another revelation from God, although I know all these stuff already. ah... it was such wonderful moment, me and God, ahaha... Here's a clip of the song from youtube.

No comments: