Sunday, October 4, 2009

The case of satisfaction

In this life, everyone wants to be satisfied. So do I.

I'm not sure if you've heard of this phrase, but some said that the way to man's heart is through his stomach. I personally can say that it's quite true, as I can be quite irritated and restless when I'm hungry. After a good meal, I feel so satisfied.

I know that satisfaction comes through different avenues. But let's stick to food (solid food) considering it's one of the main and basic needs for human being (after water).

Ps Wilson shared yday at our church anniversary that Jesus was satisfied when he does the will of God (John 4:34). He got me thinking at that time. I'm very easy to satisfy. Man... if you want to satisfy me, give me a good food.

Then I asked myself, "Do I have the same passion as Jesus'? Will I be satisfied when I do God's will? Is it food that sustains me and give me satisfaction or is it God? Is doing God's will more important than food?"

I'm not talking about fasting food just to do God's will, to preach the Gospel to all nations till I die (from starvation), but I'm talking about priorities, what keeps me going.

ah... food can surely satisfy me, and that's because I have a hunger and longing for food. The question is, do I hunger and thirst for Him, to do His will, to see people saved and His Kingdom come in my lifetime. I am still far from it, I know I don't have such strong passion like my pastor or even most leaders in my church, but I hope God can help me increase my hunger and thirst for His will.

No comments: