Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bad news

I received 2 news which I considered bad news within 24hrs.

Don't worry, nobody died. But it struck me pretty hard because it involves 2 of my friends. For the sake of sharing let's just say both of them are guys. 1 is a guy who found that God is not relevant to him (especially in his current life situation) and the other one found that he has no purpose in life.

The situations that they face are completely different, however they have similar if not the same spiritual issue, that is trusting God.

It saddened me because the guy number 1 say Albert, wants to leave church, and guy no 2, say Andreas wants suffered depression and wants to commit suicide. I haven't spoken to both of them for a very long time and to hear such news really saddened my heart. The moment I heard the news from another friend, I quickly asked myself, did I play a part in their life to lead them coming to such conclusions? in other words, have I done enough to help them grow in God? And sadly the answer is no.

ah... I don't know how to help them, but I will surely intercede and ask God to reveal to them His plan for their life. I don't want to lose my friends, not this way.

No comments: