Saturday, June 6, 2009

Goodbye Ompung

hmm... I guess people come people go.

When I got home after LG last Fri nite, I received a msg from my sister saying that our grandpa died in the afternoon (grandpa in my mother tongue is ompung laki-laki, but we normally just address him as ompung). Mum, dad and my older brother flew back to Medan straight away. The good thing is that mum was not so sad as the whole family had been anticipating this time to come. Apparently grandpa had not been doing well in the past few months, health wise that is.

When I received the news, I was thinking about mum straight away, as she really loves grandpa, so much so that almost every month she would flew back to Medan (2hr away by plane from Jakarta) just to see him.

ah... I really want to go back and attend the funeral service, but the ticket is so expensive and I'm still in a situation where I'm not flexible with money and time, as I'm still seeking God for direction. I don't know why things seem to be getting harder and harder right now. Lord, what is in your mind?

Goodbye ompung, I look forward to seeing you again in Heaven.

No comments: